Appeals Court Deals Blow to Obama’s Immigration Plans

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:56pm

WASHINGTON — A federal appeals court said Monday that President Obama could not move forward with his plans to overhaul immigration rules by providing up to five million people with work permits and protection from deportation.

A three-judge panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, in New Orleans, ruled 2 to 1 against an appeal by the Obama administration, saying a lawsuit brought by 26 states to block Mr. Obama’s actions was likely to succeed at trial.

The ruling is the latest blow to the president’s efforts to circumvent congressional inaction on immigration by using the power of his office to reshape the way immigration laws are enforced.

Read entire story here.


Lawmakers Celebrate Victory for Rule of Law

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:52pm

In a 2-1 split decision, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court’s injunction blocking the Obama administration from implementing programs to grant amnesty and work permits to millions of illegal immigrants.

“Today’s decision from the federal appeals court is a victory for the Constitution and the American people,” House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte says. “President Obama’s decision to ignore the limits placed on his power and act unilaterally to rewrite our nation’s immigration laws is an affront to the Constitution.”

Even before the court decision, Republicans have touted the fact that Obama himself said he could not take the actions he ultimately took, as Sen. Orrin Hatch recalled Tuesday.

Read entire story here.


San Diego ICE bosses accused of sex parties

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 10:53am

Internal affairs investigators for the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency are questioning employees in San Diego about allegations that a supervisor has been using government time to recruit workers for “private sexual ‘swinger’ parties” at his home.

The accusation of “gross sexual misconduct” was made in a complaint submitted to the Inspector General for the Department of Homeland Security earlier this year.

The allegation comes amid a rising number of complaints from workers and the union about management at the office.

It says that employees at the ICE Enforcement Removal Operations office in downtown San Diego have been approached during work hours to participate in the parties held at the home of a supervisor in the office along with his wife, who is also an agent.

The complaint says the recruitment has been going on for more than a year, and alleges the practice is coercive of subordinate employees and an abuse of authority.

Read entire article here:


Judge Considers Penalty For Obama Admin’s Executive Amnesty Violations

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 5:11am


Justice Department lawyers apologized to U.S. District Court Judge Andrew Hanen for the Obama administration’s violation of his injunction halting executive amnesty during a hearing in Brownsville, Texas Wednesday, according to Bloomberg News.


Report: DHS chief used personal email on work computer despite risk - It’s a black eye for a department that has positioned itself as the government’s civilian leader on cybersecurity.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 4:19pm


Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and other top DHS officials continued to access their personal email accounts from their work computers more than a year after the department banned the practice as a security risk, Bloomberg reported Monday — a revelation that raises more questions about the federal government’s shaky cybersecurity practices.